- Forged Steele - An Addition
By: Phaedra Phelan
- E-mail: PrissyBNY@aol.com
- Summary: What happened with Remington and Laura as
they confront the matter of Langston Druze once again. The case
was closed and Remington came into
- Laura's office at the end of the day.
- Disclaimer: This "Remington Steele" story
is not-for-profit and is purely for entertainment purposes. The
author and this site do not own the characters and are in no
way affiliated with "Remington Steele," the actors,
their agents, the producers, MTM Productions, the NBC Television
Network or any station or network carrying the show in syndication,
or anyone in the industry.
- Remington knocked on the door of Laura's office and looked
inside and then stepped inside.
- "Laura, may we talk a bit?"
- "Yes, you know I want to talk to you."
- She dropped her head and her shame was obvious to Remington.
- He took both her hands in his and knelt in front of her.
- "Don't feel embarrassed about what happened this
week. I just want to talk with you."
- "I know I failed you when it was important to believe
- "Laura, I think we need to take some time to see
where we stand in our relationship. I needed you when things
were going so badly. I needed you to believe in me, Laura.
When I was in jail, all I could think of was you. I needed to
know that you believed in me. No one else really mattered."
- "I know. I wanted to believe, but I was so afraid
that you were going to leave me."
- "You are the first true reality in my whole life,
lassie. If you can't believe in me, I have nothing . . . nothing
at all. This 'Remington Steele' thing means nothing if I don't
- Laura looked at him, her eyes full of tears and he took
her into his arms.
- "I want to be with you tonight, Laura. I belong
to you. Please come home with me."
- "I need to think, Mr. Steele. Please give me time
to myself to think."
- Remington nodded and left her office.
- They did not speak for the rest of the day and Laura stayed
hidden away in her office till she was sure that everyone else
had left for the day. Then she put her head down on her desk
and cried and cried till it seemed there were no tears left and
then finally left the office and went home.
- I might as well go home. I have ruined everything.
He was hurt. I wounded him when I didn't go to him and now
I don't know what to do. We had come so far. I don't want to
backtrack or I may lose him. He was as close to tears as I have
ever seen him this morning and even then I couldn't make him
know all that I am feeling for him.
- Remington went home and paced and paced in his apartment.
He wanted to be with Laura in the worst sort of way and knew
that they would have to resolve the trust issues between them.
It was a Friday evening and the weekend loomed before him as
a time of intense loneliness and need. He tried to prepare a
simple salad, but suddenly silent tears began to roll down his
cheeks and he threw the knife down and put the food away. The
pain he felt in his belly was real and the agony in his spirit
was real as well as he sat down at his table and sobbed into
- Dear God, I have never cried over a woman before.
What is happening to me? I needed her to believe in me and she
found me lacking. What else can I do? My heart is literally hurting.
My belly is hurting. I feel as if I am going out of my mind
with need and I don't know what to do. I see her and she is everything
that I want in a woman. I don't care how complicated she is.
I need her and I know that I love her with all that I am.
- Laura was just dozing off when she heard the door slide
open and close to her apartment.
- "It is I, Laura. I got home and realized that I
needed to be here . . . no matter what. I want to be with you.
We don't know what tomorrow might bring."
- Remington was incredibly handsome this evening, his shirt
unbuttoned and giving just a tantalizing glimpse of his manly
chest and the silver medallion he wore there, but when he removed
his dark glasses, his blue eyes were red-rimmed, revealing the
weariness and melancholy in his heart as he tried to prove himself
to his complicated woman.
- Laura held out her hands to him and he slipped out of
his jacket and came to her. Laura was wearing a simple tee shirt
and a long skirt. Remington stood close and kissed Laura tenderly,
passionately embracing her as Laura slipped her hands under his
shirt to touch his flesh.
- "You were crying, lassie," Remington said, brushing
the wetness on her cheek and then kissing her gently on that
- "I cried all afternoon. I couldn't stop crying."
- Laura broke down in tears, clinging to him and he just
picked her up and laying her down, took her into his arms, kissed
her over and over, his nostrils flaring wide as desire for her
surged in the pit of his belly.
- "Darling, I just have to know that you want me, that
I have not failed the ultimate test of faithfulness."
- "I want you, Remington Steele. I wanted you then.
And I will want you tomorrow and for the rest of my life. And
I was afraid that it wouldn't happen. I don't think I deserve
you if I can't have faith in you, believe in you."
- "I'm here because I understand. I am not pressuring
you but I need to be close to you tonight, Laura. The last few
days have been harrowing with the agency being taken over, and
then my landing in jail, and then, on top of everything else,
you doubting my faithfulness, my commitment. I just need to
be reassured of what we have together. I need your arms around
me, Laura. We were becoming so close after returning from London.
It seemed as if we were ready to truly come together as man
and woman since we have been back, but we keep putting it off.
I feel so lonely tonight and you are the only one that can take
that loneliness away. Take me to your bed and just let me lie
there with you."
- Laura led him up to where her bed was in the loft and
they lay down together and Laura kissed him in a kiss so tender,
opening up his mouth and gently tasting him and then yielding
completely as Remington took control of the kiss practically
inhaling Laura, as they held each other and cried together, hugging
each other tightly as they kissed.
- "I am so excited by you, Laura. My need . . . is
- Laura touched the rigid fullness in his crotch.
- "Yes, darling, yes," he sighed, as Laura pushed
his slacks and silk shorts down to reveal his excitement.
- She had touched his parts so many times that she had no
fear of his parts. She knew this all belonged to her.
- Remington face flushed darkly and he kissed Laura again
passionately, deeply as she melted in his embrace. His hands
found their way under her tee shirt to caress her bare breasts.
He kissed her breasts again and again and then he pushed down
her long skirt and tossed it on the floor so that he could kiss
her belly. Laura's thighs fell open for him and he touched and
rubbed her slender thighs.
- Laura gasped as her flesh responded to his masterful touch.
Suddenly they were frantically kissing each other, and she was
receiving Remington's most intimate caresses.
- "Rem . . . Rem . . . I . . ."
- "It's all right, love. It's all right. Just let
me touch you. Help me, woman. I feel like I can't endure another
lonely night. I dream of you constantly, of us finally coming
all the way. I need to be close to you tonight. I need to hold
you in my arms and for you to hold me. It has been hell this
week knowing that you had doubts about us, about me, knowing
that you have only my word."
- "Remington . . . Mr. Steele, yes . . . yes,"
Laura moaned as he fondled her tenderly.
- "I care so for you, woman. I care for you. I'm not
goin' anywhere. I can't go anywhere. Oh, God, Laura, where are
we going like this? I want to be your lover."
- Laura closed her thighs, capturing his hand and then reached
to comfort him.
- "Laura, yes . . . yes. Help me, Laura."
- Laura put her arms around him and hugged him with all
her might, stroking his face, running her fingers through his
- They kissed and fondled one another till the ecstasy was
so intense that Remington ejaculated, spurting his semen onto
her. And Laura just took her fingers to her mouth and tasted
him and they kissed again and again.
- Finally Remington lay exhausted on her breasts and they
just clung to each other till they fell asleep together in Laura's
- When Remington wakened early in the morning, he lay in
Laura's bed contemplating their unusual situation. His flesh
was still in dire need of Laura but he was able to think about
where they were in their relationship.
- I don't know what to do. I thought we were so close
in matter of trust and now I sense such anxiety in her. I felt
it in her. I have to prove myself and I don't know how to do
it except to put my arms around her and make love to her and
she isn't ready to go all the way with me. We were so close
that night after the Crunch Kramer case was solved. We should
have made love that night and she would have no further questions
about my commitment to her. It tears me apart to see her so conflicted.
And she is so passionate. She needs me to make love to her
and release all that fire inside her. Dear Lord, I need this
- Laura stirred next to him and Remington caught her hand
in his and kissed it as she slept. Laura wasn't sleeping well.
She was moaning and crying as she tossed and turned. Remington
finally took her in his arms and held her and she cried his name.
- "I love you . . . love you," she murmured in
- Remington was stunned to hear the words from her and tears
welled up in his eyes.
- "Me too," he whispered softly, smoothing her
hair and comforting her as she slept in his arms.
- Home CaseBook